THE CLEAN COLLECTIVE PARTNERED WITH TAKE 3 FOR THE SEA TO REMOVE OVER 6,000 PIECES OF PLASTIC FROM THE ENVIRONMENT
Between 2017 and 2019, we offered our customers the chance to donate $1 to Take 3 For The Sea when they placed an order online.
Take 3 For The Sea is an organisation that campaigns hard to influence and organise the removal of plastic pollution from our environment. We believe in their cause so much that we matched every dollar donated to double the give-back.
Together, we removed over 6,000 pieces of plastic pollution from the environment.
Giving our customers a simple way to support the environment and create a more positive impact with their dollars is #1 in our book.
WHY IS PLASTIC A PROBLEM?
– More than 8 million tonnes of new plastic pollution enter our oceans each year killing turtles, whales, dolphins, seals, and seabirds.
– Because it’s so durable, every single piece of plastic ever made still exists and will continue existing for at least 500 years.
– Up to 236,000 tonnes of microplastics (tiny pieces of broken-down plastic smaller than your little fingernail) enter our oceans each year.
– These plastics (and the toxic chemicals they’re made of) are being eaten by animals, entering marine food chains
The long-term damage of plastic to our planet, our wildlife and ourselves is unknown. Check out the Ted Talk below where Co-Founder & CEO of Take 3 For The Sea, Tim Silverwood shares more on the global plastic problem.
HOW CAN WE EACH BE PART OF THE PLASTIC SOLUTION?
- Reduce our plastic consumption by arming ourselves with savvy, reusable solutions to fight the war on waste
- Depose of our waste responsibly
- When you’re out and about, pick up and dispose of three pieces of plastic to ‘Take 3 For The Sea’
“THE OCEAN IS DOWNHILL FROM EVERYTHING”
Our podcast host, Roland Davies chatted to Tim Silverwood about plastic pollution, community, surfing and philosophy over a coffee, straight after a surf on a cold winter’s morning. Listen in here.
TAKE 3 FOR THE SEA’S WAR ON PLASTIC
Take 3 is working to inspire behavioural change. Their message is super simple: pick up 3 pieces of rubbish when you leave the beach, a national park, your favourite coastal walk, local bike ride – anywhere – and dispose of it responsibly.
Do that, and you’ve made a difference.
Take 3 passionately promotes this message through their online campaigns and education programs that are built to inspire the global community to use less plastic and create a cleaner planet for wildlife and future generations.
They work with schools and communities to increase awareness of plastic pollution (particularly in the marine environment) and share ways to reduce and prevent waste.
They’ve reached more than 200,000 students and 100,000 community members through their education programs at early childhood centres, schools and community events.