A TRUSTED PARTNERSHIP ADVERTORIAL WITH PISTUU
WORDS BY PISTUU
Prep time – 15 minutes
Cook time – 5 minutes
Total time – 20 minutes
Not only is this salad quick, easy and super delicious, it just happens to be bursting with Christmas colours too. It’s a perfect side addition to make that dining table look impressively festive! The beauty of this dish is, it can be served as a cold salad or you can add a splash of oil to a pan and toss it for a few minutes over a medium-high heat and serve it warm.
600g green beans, ends trimmed
150g semi-sundried tomatoes (soaked in garlicky-herb oil from the deli section), sliced in half
150g kalamata olives, pitted and sliced in half lengthways
For the dressing:
2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp maple syrup
1 tsp Dijon mustard
Black pepper, to taste
- Fill a large pot with water, add a teaspoon of salt and bring to a boil. If you don’t have a pot big enough you can blanch the beans in batches.
- While waiting for the water to boil, wash the green beans and trim the ends. Slice the semi-sundried tomatoes in half (keep the oil they are in to use as part of the dressing). Slice the olives in half lengthways.
- Fill another large bowl with icy water and keep it close by, along with a colander to drain the beans once cooked.
- When the water is boiling add the beans and boil until they are bright green, about 3-4 minutes. Drain and immediately plunge the beans into the ice water for a few minutes to stop them from cooking further.
- Place the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk to combine.
- Once cool, drain the beans then return them to the bowl. Add the semi-sundried tomatoes, olives and dressing to the bowl. Pour over a little of the garlicky-herb oil from the semi-sundried tomato container. Toss to combine. Season with black pepper.
- To serve, transfer to a salad bowl or shallow platter.
* Best prepared and devoured on the day of consumption, however, you can prep the day before by preparing dressing, trimming beans, halving semi-sundried tomatoes and olives.
* Taste prior to adding salt as the olives provide quite a bit of saltiness.
* This salad could be sauteed in a pan in a drizzle of oil over med-high heat for a few minutes if you prefer a warm salad. Add dressing prior to serving.
* Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
If you loved this recipe, you’ll love this free recipe book download.
Earth Collective X Pistuu Presents a Plant-Based Christmas Feast Menu.
If you’re planning a more planet-friendly Christmas meal this year and need some inspiration. look no further! We’ve teamed up with our friends at Pistuu to bring you a mouth-watering, Alternative Christmas Feast Menu, complete with ideas for starters, mains, sides, dessert… and even a “No-Egg Eggnog”. YUM YUM YUM! To get your FREE recipe book, simply sign up using the form below…
Pistuu helps busy professionals and families discover and create amazing weekly plant-based meal plans. Each one of Pistuu’s 100% plant-based recipes are carefully crafted to make them super easy to follow. They’re nutritious, delicious and done and dusted in 20-40 minutes. You can download it on Apple and Android today.