At Earth Collective, we welcome submissions of interesting, thought-provoking and well written articles, illustrations and videos from qualified experts, as well as from passionate voices within our community.
If you have knowledge or a story to share, please reach out to us. If your submission is accepted, you will work with our highly skilled team of editors to sharpen and polish your work before publication.
Here’s what you need to know about writing for Earth Collective.
Earth Collective is a healthy and sustainable living guide that inspires the best version of your mental, physical and environmental wellness. Our mission is to empower your journey to care for the planet and your health, to drive global change, as a collective.
All content shared by Earth Collective is assessed via our Wellness & Sustainability Standard before publication.
Our values & voice
What we publish on our website, social media, email and podcast will always be shared with honesty and integrity, in a simple and inclusive manner. We do this because we want to empower our readers to succeed in their journey towards a sustainable lifestyle, not fall at the first hurdle when a product they’ve purchased doesn’t work like they’d expect it to, or a DIY recipe is too complicated, or an article they’ve read turns out to be fake news.
Submission requirements and editorial process
All submissions will be considered and assessed against our Editorial Guidelines and Wellness & Sustainability Standard before being published across Earth Collective’s digital real estate. This may include our Editor in Chief making changes.
To submit your work:
- Email email@example.com with the subject line ‘Earth Collective submission: [title of submission]’.
- Please ensure all statistics and claims are evidenced and supported by a list of sources. For example, if “[something] is sustainable” please tell the reader how it is sustainable and include the source of that evidence in your writing. Include this list of sources and links at the bottom of your article. If you’re submitting an infographic or video, include this list of sources and links in your email.
- Include a headshot and short biography that highlights your credentials, experience and passions.
Please remember to:
- Put the title of your piece in the subject line
- Place the full text of your piece in the body of the email (no attachments please)
- Make sure your written submissions are more than 800 words, less than 2,000 words and are unpublished elsewhere
- Include sources and references for all claims
By submitting your work to Earth Collective, you warrant that you have all of the necessary rights, including copyright and distribution, in the content and images you contribute, that your content is not defamatory and that it does not infringe any law. You indemnify Earth Collective against any and all legal fees, damages and other expenses that may be incurred by Earth Collective as a result of a breach of the above warranty.
Unfortunately due to the high volume of submissions we receive, only applicants with successful submissions will be contacted.
If you would like to pitch a story about a brand, founder, product or launch, please visit our advertising page.
Rules regarding payment for written work
If you’re a credible and qualified expert in a field of wellness or sustainability, and you would like to join Earth Collective’s community of writers, we’d love to hear from you.
We believe the solutions to our global challenges lie in re-education and community. We’re passionate about bringing experts in wellness and sustainability together under one roof to empower people around the world to create healthier and more sustainable lifestyles.
If you share our passion, please reach out to our Editor in Chief, Charli Ferrand on firstname.lastname@example.org.